- Levi Strauss plans to go public — again. Files IPO under symbol LEVI
- Payless ShoeSource files for bankruptcy as it closes its 2,500 US stores
- Jimmy Dean parent Tyson Foods has held talks to buy Foster Farms for $2 billion
- Justice Department reportedly close to approving CVS-Aetna, Cigna-Express Scripts deals
- Fred's shares surge more than 80 percent after announcing $165 million deal to sell some pharmacy files to Walgreens
Cisco Systems Inc. CSCO, -0.88% said Tuesday that it plans to acquire privately held July Systems Inc., which makes location-based software.
“This acquisition also supports our journey to intent-based networking -a fundamentally new way of building and managing networks for the digital era,” Cisco said in a release.
July Systems will be part of the company’s Enterprise Networking Group. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. Cisco shares are down 1.4% in premarket trading but up 38% over the past 12 months, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -1.15% is up 16%.