- Kraft Heinz CEO doesn't want long-term M&A regrets amid Campbell Soup speculation
- Kraft Heinz passed on Pinnacle Foods and that means it may not want to buy Campbell Soup
- GrubHub surges after earnings report and LevelUp acquisition
- AT&T falls after missing on revenue in first results since Time Warner deal close
- GlaxoSmithKline shares jump after report of possible break-up
Cisco Systems Inc. CSCO, -0.88% said Tuesday that it plans to acquire privately held July Systems Inc., which makes location-based software.
“This acquisition also supports our journey to intent-based networking -a fundamentally new way of building and managing networks for the digital era,” Cisco said in a release.
July Systems will be part of the company’s Enterprise Networking Group. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed. Cisco shares are down 1.4% in premarket trading but up 38% over the past 12 months, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -1.15% is up 16%.